1. MK, Grüner Veltliner. 2020 Austria £32
Clean, crisp and refreshing with high levels of bright and zesty acidity giving the wine a linear Alpine finish.
2. Brampton Unoaked Chardonnay. 2021 South Africa. £25
Aromas of lime and yellow fruit with hints of spring flowers.
Ripe, fleshy peach and melon flavours with a zesty, citrus finish.
3. Allan Scott Sauvignon Blanc. 2022 Marlborough. New Zealand £30
A fragrant mix of pineapple and passion fruit tropical flavours with underlying
zesty citrus characters of orange and lime.
4. Sharphams Dart Valley Reserve 2020 England £30
A fantastic example of crisp, but rounded in texture white wine
5. Ardèche Grès du Trias Viognier 2020 France. £27/ Gls £7
A dry, light, clean, fresh wine with a rounded citrus fruit finish
6. Colleita De Martis Rias Baixas Albarino 2021 Spain £32
Dry, fresh and fruity with a lovely grassy nose (straw coloured) gorgeous citrus and tropical flavours
7. Pinot Grigio Valparadiso 2022 Italy £30
A rich nutty, dry white wine. Hints of white peach and quince on a crisp, weighty palate.
8. Sancerre A.C. Pierre et Alain Dezat- Chavignol Loire 2020 France £38
This beautifully presented Loire wine has a delightful grassy nose with a gooseberry flavour
9. Cuvée Michel Léon Gewurztraminer 2021 France. £34
A structured, lively and balanced wine with delicate floral aromas and a dry citrus finish
Champagne & Sparkling Wines
38. Mas Maciá Cava Brut Spain. £32/ Gls £9
Lively with white fruit, green apple and citrus aromas, fine bubbles with persistent long savoury twist
41. Bollinger Special Cuvee Champagne Brut. France 1/2 Bottle £47
Signature Champagne, Lively with pear and lemon undertone
42. Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut. France £75
A remarkable fruity persistence of pinot noir and floral delicacy of chardonnay with Pinot Meunier
43. Moët & Chandon Champagne Brut France £69
Purveyors to the legacy of her majesty Queen Elizabeth II
44. Camel Valley Rose Brut Pinot Noir Sparkling Cornwall. £69
Exceptional quality produced in Cornwall
50. Chateau Routas Rosé, Coteaux Varois en Provence £25/ Gls £7
Freshly cut watermelon, ripe peach aromas and floral notes lead to a
palate alive with wild strawberries and hints of mineral notes. Crisp acidity and a refreshing finish.
51. Sancerre Rose Clement & Florian, Berthier £38
With its pale rose colour, this dry but very fruity wine will surprise you with its fineness and freshness.
It shows aromas of white currant, apricot, and vine peach. On the palate the wine shows
both the suppleness and refreshing acidity of the Pinot Noir.
17. Pleno Navarra Tempranillo. 2021 Spain £20/. Gls £7
Smooth and powerful with concentrated essence of blackberry and plum
18. Rioja Vega Crianza. 2019 Spain £29 Soft smooth flavours of juicy plum. Surprisingly delicate and young in body from such old vines
19. Appassiemento Rossi Puglia. 2021 Italy. £23
Perfume of Morello Cherries & vanilla, lingering toasting and spice
20. Escorihuela Gascon Familia Malbec. 2021 Argentina £30
A fruit forward Malbec with aromas of fresh plums, blueberries and cherries.
Its subtle contact with oak delivers notes of vanillaand cocoa.
21. Berton Shiraz Reserve Barossa. 2019 Australia £40
A complex wealth of fruit, ranging from ripe cherries and blackberries with hints of white pepper
22. False Bay Pinotage. 2020 South Africa £24
Rich berry fruit character on the nose with a very refined weight of body and flavour
23. Rocca Sveva Riserva Amarone. 2009 Italy £89
Typically concentrated with serious juice. A powerful, purposeful wine with rich raisin and almond note
24. Chateau Queyron Pindefleurs- St Emillion Grand Cru. 2012 France. £59
Bursting with spicy aromas and tastes of raspberry and black pepper.
Eight months in oak gives Hints of wood and tannins, leading to a
well-structured smooth and balanced wine.
25. AC. La Riene de L’Arenite Madone Fleurie. 2022 France £38
Elegant, full bodied and velvety smooth. Delightfully fragrant and
fruity, with aromas of violets, roses and iris, together with a garnet colour. The “Queen” of Beaujolais wines
26. Domaine Berthet-Rayne. Chateauneuf-Du-Pape. 2020 France £55
A blockbuster red that is like an iron fist in a velvet glove.
Magnificent serious wine in a seductive
presentation. Concentrated black fruits and hints of mineral, chocolate,
toast, and with a smoky complexity. Never heavy, just balanced
27. St Clement’s Farm Merlot. 2021 South Africa. £24 Dense plum red colour with a lifted varietal nose showing violets,
plum cherry and spice notes with subtle oak background.
28. Chianti Classico DOCG. Tenuta Casenuove. Tuscany 2017. Italy. £49
There is an intense, complex aroma with strong fruity notes and elegant touches of vanilla.
It is smooth, well-structured with an aftertaste of preserves and almonds.
29. C. Domaine Berthet-Rayne Côtes du Rhône. 2018 France £26
Vielle En Futs Du Chene, Peppery liquorice and plum complexity. The succulent red fruit maintains
elegance, and there is a fresh balance to the ripe flavours and generous sweet oak aromas.
30. Chateau Gloria, Saint Julian. Bordeaux. 2014 France. £89
A well-structured smooth and bold wine, dark cherry, liquorice and smoke from the blend of
Bordeaux’ best Cabernet franc, Merlot & Petit Verdot
31.Clös des Amandiers Heritage Pomerol. 2012 France £75
Very limited quantities.Deep Coloured, full and firm wine from a quality conscious negotiant
Couch’s Great House Restaurant is situated in the quaint fishing village of Polperro Cornwall. Opened in 2004 in the heart of the village, under the direction of Richard McGeown (Executive Head Chef) who has drawn from his past experience of working with country’s most famous names.
After honing his culinary skills under
Gordon Ramsay, Marco Pierre White and Raymond Blanc, Couch’s has given a
platform for Richard to express himself.
In order to create a relaxing & enjoyable environment for all guests. The Restaurant, with the exception of assistance dogs, does not permit dogs or children under the age of seven.
From all at Couch’s Great House Restaurant, we look forward to welcoming
you in the near future.
Couch's Great House Restaurant Ltd
TEL: 01503 272554